This Sunday morning, I made my first batch of homemade granola. It was crazy easy and after I tell you what it took to make it, you will not want to buy it at the grocery store ever again. This is what you will need for cashew coconut granola:
- 2 cups of gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup of chopped cashews. Be creative! Add almonds, sunflower seeds, pecans or a combination of nuts.
- 1/4 cup of organic non-sweetened shredded coconut. You can also substitute the coconut or add dried fruit, if you desire.
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt or kosher salt.
- 1/4 cup of organic maple syrup.
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- 9 X 13 baking pan
- Wooden spoon
Turn your oven on to 325 degrees. Line the 9 X 13 pan with parchment paper. In a bowl mix the oats, chopped cashews, shredded coconut, sea salt and maple syrup. Spread the mixture evenly on the parchment paper lined pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 325 degrees. After the 10 minutes, toss the granola with a wooden spoon and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool. Once cooled, store in an airtight container. This recipe makes 4 servings. I used 1/2 cup (fresh out of the oven) and added strawberries, sliced bananas and almond milk for breakfast. Enjoy! Would love to hear what you add to your homemade granola.